Sunday 1 April 2012

♡ March Favorites ♡

Hello there! It's been such a long time since I last blogged and I have to say I've missed it, a lot. I had a bit of  trouble with not being able to import images on to my computer but I've (kind of) found a way around that now so yay.
So here are my 'March Favorites'. I've only included make-up this month as I've bought a few new bits that I absolutely adore and I've been dying to share with you and Spring is definitely my favorite season make-up wise!  


Face
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - £9.99 - (Shade 51)
As you can see by the amount I have left of this, I absolutely love it. It's been my favorite foundation since last summer and I've barely used any others since. I have especially been loving it for this month as the weather has been warmer and this foundation is ideal for that. It leaves my skin looking healthy and hydrated without looking shiny and feels light on my skin. It has a light to build-able coverage which is perfect for my skin as I only need to cover redness and the odd spot here and there. I've had this foundation since the end of last summer and only now it is running out (although I do not use a lot of foundation but I do use it every day) which is great as it's only £9.99 and will not break the bank. A great summer/spring foundation and I totally recommend it!




Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - £6.99 - (Shade 52) 
I love love love this bronzer. I've had this since last summer also and I've barely made a dent in it! I had been using Benefit's Hoola all of last month and decided I wanted a change so I went back to this.. and I haven't put it down since. I use it to contour my face (by sweeping it lightly on my temples and then added more the the hollows of my cheeks). The colour is perfect for my pale skin, even though it's not the lightest shade, as it doesn't give off a heavy pigmentation so it looks subtle and natural. Even though the product has slight gold specks of shimmer within it it doesn't appear on my skin so I would class it as a matte bronzer. I definitely recommend picking this up and for £6.99? It's definitely a bargain with the quality of a higher end product.



MAC Sheertone Powder Blush in Peaches - £17.50
This is definitely my all time favorite this month! I received this from my lovely boyfriend for valentines day I haven't stopped wearing it since. It's the perfect shade for spring/summer as it's a gorgeous light peachy colour which compliments my skin perfectly. It really brightens up any make-up look and looks natural for school but it also looks really pretty if I'm going somewhere a little bit nicer. I can't see myself putting this down any time soon!



Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in Iced Gold - £17
When I first bought this product I wasn't the biggest fan, in fact I put it as a product that I love/hate on my 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty post.. but since then I've found a way to use it which looks amazing on my skin and highlights my cheek bones and other areas of my face perfectly! I've been using it with my Real Techniques Contour Brush (which I should of included in my favorites). This brush applies it effortlessly and naturally to give my skin a healthy glow which I've been adoring for this sunny weather. I've also been using it as a cream eye shadow for my school make-up or whenever I'm in a rush (thanks to this video by the beautiful Tanya Burr). 


Eyes

















Benefit Eye Bright
I had this free in Glamour Magazine last year and I don't think benefit do this anymore *sigh* but 
I've been using it on my water-line for it's looking a bit red. It makes me look much more awake and really brightens up my eye area. It's running out though and I don't know where I can get another one, so if you know of any similar eye pencils that I could use on my water line that aren't white then I'd love to hear your recommendations! 

Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara
I've been trying out a few different mascara's lately as I am on the hunt for a holy grail mascara. I really like this one, not quite holy grail material but I've been really enjoying using it. The brush is plastic, which I've recently found out that I prefer, and chunky. It really adds volume to my lashes and doesn't cause them to clump together at all. It's just quick and easy to use and leaves my eye lashes looking pretty great!























MAC Palette £6.50 - Ricepaper and Cork £10 each
I haven't put the palette down since I got it. I love "Cork" for my eyebrows if I'm in a rush or on the outer area of my eye for subtle definition, it's the perfect matte brown for my skin/eye colour. My favorite of the two is definitely "Ricepaper". It's a pretty goldish highlight colour which I love swept across my eyes for a quick and natural eye look. The both shadows compliment each other great! As you can see I haven't filled my palette yet, any recommendations of MAC eye shadows? I'm thinking "Vex" as my next purchase! 


Sleek 'Au Naturel' Palette - £6.49
I got this palette a long time ago and I haven't really used it until now! I've been loving the peachy light shades as they really bring out my blue eyes and I've been loving the darker shades either in the crease or as liners. I can't believe I hadn't used the palette sooner, definitely great for spring/summer and the quality of the shadows are amazing for only £6.49!


Lips
Revlon Colour Burst Lipstick in Peach 075 - £7.99
I love love love this lipstick. It's the perfect peachy everyday lipstick for me! The formula is creamy and moisturizing although if I have very dry/cracked lips it can sometimes stick to it and it doesn't look too pretty, but I look after my lips well and they are usually in good condition (luckily!) If you're looking for a pretty, natural, everyday, good quality lipstick then this is the perfect one!


MUA Love-Hearts Lip Balm in Kiss Me - £2
I love this lip balm for when I don't want to wear lipstick (like for school etc) as it gives the prettiest tint to my lips! It's glossy and moisturizing and it's easy to apply and carry around. Definitely worth £2 and I plan on getting the other shades soon :-) 



I hope you enjoyed my favorites this month and I hope the post wasn't too long (oh dear it was very very long haha) 


What are you favorites for this month? // Would you prefer if I wrote a mini review of each product (like in this post) or would you prefer a brief favorites next time? // What posts would you like to see from me next?


Til next time, 
Carys xo

7 comments:

  1. i really wanna try the bourjois bronzer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend it! It's worth the money and it's lasted me for ages :) Oh and it smells amazing! xo

      Delete
  2. i was going to buy the sleek makeup palette yesterday, but i didnt because i didnt know a lot about it. Now i wish i did get it aha, great favorites xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's the perfect palette for spring, I totally recommend! xox

      Delete
  3. That bourjois bronzer looks perfect! I'll have to pick that up when I'm next out! also, I swear by the Benefit eye bright - mine ran out at the end of last year so I got another for a christmas present so I'm pretty sure they still sell it lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll have to hunt for it online then, thanks! :) xox

      Delete
  4. I love sleek palettes, they have a variety of colours and their matte lipsticks are pigmented and so goregous!

    ReplyDelete