Sunday 6 January 2013

MAC Morange Dupe ♡

If you are a regular reader of my blog you may have noticed I am a little bit in love with MAC's lipstick in Morange. It's featured in both of my recent outfit posts and it has a whole post dedicated to it here, it's safe to say I am a little bit obsessed with it so naturally I have been on the hunt for a dupe and I think I've found one, introducing Topshop's Mexican Wave.

I found Mexican Wave recently in the Topshop sale for a bargainous £3. Unfortunately it was part of the Louise Grey collection so I assume they are discontinuing it, but there were loads in store when I visited a few days so I'm sure you can still get it. Also, I believe Topshop will probably re-promote this shade as it is so gorgeous and I have seen similar shades before this one was released. I will be sure to update you if they do bring it out again.

As you may be able to notice from the photos, Mexican Wave is a slightly more pinky/red shade and is not as neon and orange as the Morange, which I barely noticeable on the lips. The formulation of both lipsticks are very similar. They are both creamy to apply but gradually get more matte. Morange is a teeny bit creamier and smoother than Mexican Wave but both apply beautifully. I would say they both last between 1-2 hours on the lips which is standard for me. 
They are both very similar so if you want to try Morange but you're a bit weary of the price then this is the perfect lipstick for you, just snap it up quick before it sells out.

Do you have any MAC dupes?

'Til Next Time,

9 comments:

  1. What a price difference! I'd love to try the mac one but its just a little out of my price range! I'm gonna raid my local topshop looking for it now!!
    Jen
    Xxx
    whatjendidnext.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are soo similar I feel kind-of silly that I paid £14 for it! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the MAC shade, but I'll definitely try the Topshop version first! xx

    Rose
    www.cheekyusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be saving yourself a lot of money anyway! xxx

      Delete
  3. Love finding a good dupe! Will be looking out for it in my local topshop! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm always on the hunt for them :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I was looking into buying MAC Morange, as I have been really keen on buying an orange lipstick, I think they look gorgeous, that is such a good dupe, I bet it's all sold out now, I was also looking into No7 Gay Geranium, but that one might be more matte, so I may see what that one looks like on me :) xx

    http://how-to-smell-the-couture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was kind-of gutted it wasn't a permanent shade! I've swatched the No7 one and it's a really pretty colour but its really pink compared to morange, xxx

      Delete