Wednesday 27 June 2012

✪ LOTD | Books #1 ✪

Hello everybody.

If you're wondering what "LOTD" is then head over to the lovely Louise's blog and all will be revealed, or read my this blog post. Louise has decided that Wednesday's will always be about books, which is great because I've always been a bit of a book worm and I have a very nerdy side (shhh).


The book I've chosen to share is one I've just finished reading. It's "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. I looooved the film which caused me to read the book and I fell in love with the character Kathy. Even though the first few chapters were a little boring and didn't really make me get into the book at all the remaining 2/3 kept me up at all hours and totally intrigued me.
I've heard a few people say they didn't enjoy the book or couldn't get into it but that's probably due to the first 1/3 being a little boring. I adore this book and I love how it's written and how Kathy narrates her friendship and memories. The film and book are a bit of a sad one but not depressing or soppy, but I love the story and how it's written. I'm not going to give much away because I found out something about the story which kind-of ruined the mystery of why the characters are at this 'special' school so I urge you to read the back of the book or watch the trailer before you read it as it lets you in on just about enough of the story, if you're interested that is.
I bought my book from eBay for 99p (+ £1.96 p+p) from a seller called Brit_Books_xp here. Although it was second hand it was in very good condition and even came with a plastic cover to protect the book. Not bad for 99p eh? 

Join in the fun at Sprinkle Of Glitter and read Louise's LOTD here.

Have any of you guys read/watched Never Let Me Go? Did you enjoy it? What's your favourite book?

'Til Next Time, 
Carys xox

No comments:

Post a Comment